The Baltic Hand 2014 conference program is built around the following main topics:
- Hand trauma
- Hand diseases
- Hand reconstruction
All lectures and presentations will be in English by invited specialist speakers and a from a selection of submitted abstracts.
Preliminary conference program
Friday, September 26
- 08:00 – 09:00 Registration
- 09:00 – 11:00 Session I: Lectures of invited speakers
- Peter Stern. Treatment of metacarpal and phalangeal fractures.
- Peter Stern. Current concepts in the management of small joint injuries and arthroses.
- Ernest Zacharevskij. Comparison of debridement methods for treatment of the forearm and hand deep dermal burns.
- 11:00 – 11:20 Coffee break
- 11:20 – 13:00 Continuation of Session I
- Peter Stern. Update: Distal radius fractures.
- Radek Kebrle. 3D planning and specific instrumentation for forearm malunions.
- Terry Light. Pediatric Hand and wrist injuries.
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch break
Workshops & small exhibition of the sponsor products
- 14:30 – 16:00 Session II: Lectures of invited speakers
- Radek Kebrle. Arthroscopic resection, spongioplasty and osteosynthesis of scaphoid nonunion.
- Mariusz Bonczar. Wrist instability treatment.
- 16:00 – 16:20 Coffee break
- 16:20 – 18:00 Continuation of Session II
- Darius Jauniškis, Arūnas Jankauskas, Indrė Kuropatkinaitė. Comparision of proximal row carpectomy and four corner arthrodesis postoperative results.
- Mantas Sakalauskas. Successful replantations of the amputated thumbs during residency.
- Karlis Verdins, Martins Kapickis. Late results of Oberlin transfer operation for upper brachial plexus injury in Latvia.
- Tigran Zotov, Juozas Ravinskas. Soft tissue and nail bed reconstruction in the thumb: a case report.
- 20:00 Gala dinner (optional attendance)
Saturday, September 27
- 08:30 – 10:30 Session III: Lectures of invited speakers
- Martins Kapickis. Chronic Pain Syndromes in upper extremity.
- Darius Radzevicius. Management of spastic hand in Cerebral Palsy.
- 10:30 – 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00 – 13:00 Continuation of Session III
- Ernest Zacharevskij. Hand reconstruction after chemotherapy drug extravasation.
- Šarūnas Mažeika. Usefulness of Medicines for Replantation Success.
- Kęstutis Bliznikas, Vytautas Mikelevičius. Arthroscopic dorsal wrist ganglion excision – The treatment of choice?
- Janis Zarins. Functional outcome of patients after toe to hand transplantation.
- Mindaugas Jasinskas, Mindaugas Minderis. Prospects for hand functions recovery after an operation due to severe cubital tunnel syndrome.
- Mindaugas Jasinskas, Mindaugas Minderis. Thoracic outlet syndrome: the evaluation of clinical features and long-term postoperative results.
- Rytis Rimdeika. Proximal carpal crease incision for carpal tunnel release: A pilot study.
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch break
Workshops & exhibition of sponsor products
- 14:30-16:30 Session IV: Lectures of invited speakers
- Rytis Rimdeika. Mutilated Hand in Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: Correction Goals and Surgical Modalities.
- Saulius Spokevicius. A Review of Thumb Reconstruction.
- Darius Radzevicius. Review of the congenital thumb reconstruction.
- Terry Light. Advances in Congenital Hand Care.